This collection of resources is here to help you continue to engage with Israel and stay connected to our RootOne network. We also encourage you to share these resources with your communities, your family, and your friends.
From Our Partners...
A Guide for Teens to Better Understand Israel at War
Resources from Unpacked
War is always complicated. Unpacked’s mission has always been to bring context, clarity and nuance to complex situations in ways that are easy to digest. This selection of videos, podcasts and articles is a great place to start.
Teen Israel Leadership Institute
Program from CIE (Center for Israel Education)
Israel education for Jewish teens is a vital piece of the work we do at the Center for Israel Education (CIE), understanding that, regardless of politics, Israel is intrinsic to Jewish and non-Jewish identities. The CIE Teen Israeli Leadership Institute connects high school students with content and context to build individual capacities to learn, belong and own Israel’s story.
Looking to Get Involved?
Follow Us On Instagram
Want to stay connected and informed of how to be involved? Follow us on Instagram for updates and more information.
Ways to Help:
Find different ways to be active to contribute in the way that feels best for you. Here are some ideas:
- Donate to a cause in your community
- Organize a car wash or bake sale and donate the funds
- Send a note or Shabbat-o-gram to an Israeli friend
- Stay in the know by reading RootOne emails
- Liberal parents, far-left teens: When Jewish families fight over Israel, Rabbi Daniel S. Brenner
- Educational Resources, curated by Rachel Fish, Boundless
- Join an Israel 101 Class, Alexander Muss High School in Israel
- Jewish Power, Jewish Vulnerability, and This Moment for Israel and the Jewish People, Shalom Hartman Institute
- How to Talk to Children about Israel Today, Recorded Webinar by The Jewish Education Project
- FAQ: Gaza and Israel, by The iCenter
- Strategies for Talking to Kids about Israel, Recorded Webinar by The iCenter
- Israel Story Podcasts, – Authentic Voices, Curated by The iCenter
- Make a username on Truvie, for access to more programming geared toward parents of teens.
Any teen resource is also available for parents! Scroll up to access.
- The Jewish Educator Portal: Teaching about Israel in a time of Crisis
- How to Talk to Teens about Operation Iron Sword, Recording from The Jewish Education Project
- Strength for Jewish Educators: Voices from the Field, Recording
- Educator Emergency Response Consultations with The Jewish Education Project
- An Educators Lens: Putting the Latest News into Context, Recording from The iCenter
Partner Resource Pages:
Questions? Have a program you want to share?
RootOne is here to support you in any way we can.