What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
· Contact and Profile Information: Information you provide when you create an account, register for an event or activity, apply for a job, contact us, or engage in any other method of submission, such as your first and last name, personal and work email address, full work, home and seasonal mailing addresses, home, work and/or mobile telephone number, work and employment histories, username, password and any other information, preferences, content, files or media you submit as part of that form. We use this type of information to accomplish our mission of providing transformative Jewish experiences, including to process your application, fund your selected trip provider to lower the cost of the trip, help ensure the quality of education before, during and after your trip with your selected trip provider, and collect feedback from you on your experience. We also use this information to administer our organization, for marketing and advertising (such as newsletters, emails and surveys), to defend against fraud or other security threats, and to fulfil our legal obligations or preserve our rights. We may also share this information as described below.
· Financial and Transaction Information: Information you provide when you make a donation or pay for an event or activity, such as first name, last name, full mailing address, telephone number, and payment information. We use this type of information to administer our organization (such as for recordkeeping and payment processing), for marketing and advertising (such as newsletters, emails and surveys), to defend against fraud or other security threats, and to fulfil our legal obligations or preserve our legal rights.
· Communications and Social Media: Information you provide in forums on our Sites and applications, such as your posts, images, videos, documents or any other materials shared; Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information; Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party sites or platforms. We use this type of information to accomplish our mission of providing transformative Jewish experiences, including to help ensure the quality of education before, during and after your trip with your selected trip provider and collect feedback from you on your experience. We also use this information to administer our organization, for marketing and advertising (such as newsletters, emails and surveys), to defend against fraud or other security threats, and to fulfil our legal obligations or preserve our rights. We may also share this information as described below.
· Location information: Information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our Sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address (which can be used to discern physical location), where we are permitted by law to process this information. We use this type of information to defend against fraud or other security threats, including on our Sites, and to fulfil our legal obligations or preserve our rights. We may also share this information with our service providers (such as IT) as described below.
· Activity and Site Usage: Information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our Sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our Sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address. We use this type of information to administer our organization, for marketing and advertising (such as newsletters, emails and surveys), to help analyze the design and functioning of our Sites in order to improve your online experience, to defend against fraud or other security threats, and to fulfil our legal obligations or preserve our rights. We may also share this information with our service providers (such as IT or marketing affiliates) as described below.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server and placed on your computer by your web browser. Cookies can be divided into two different types: session and persistent. Session cookies differ from persistent cookies primarily in that session cookies are temporary and expire, and are normally typically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies, in contrast, remain stored on your computer after you close your browser until they are deleted either because they expire or you delete them. We may use session cookies to operate our Site and for security purposes. We may use persistent cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Website Performance Analysis
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics, which is provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics cookies help us improve our website by providing us with aggregate statistics on how many users visit it, which parts of the site are viewed the most, the city or regional location of those users, device type and browser. We use this information to help improve our Sites and your online experience. We do not use these cookies for the purpose of identifying you personally. Nevertheless, if you prefer to prevent Google from collecting data generated by cookies and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the Browser Add-on on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Facebook Pixel: We use Facebook Pixel, which is provided by Facebook, Inc. Facebook Pixel cookies help us to measure the return on investment of Facebook Ads by reporting on the actions people take after viewing those ads. We create pixels that track conversions, add them to the pages of their website where the conversion will happen and then track these conversions to ads they are running on Facebook. We use this information to help improve our Sites and for marketing and advertising. We do not use Facebook Pixel for the purpose of identifying you personally. Nevertheless, if you want to opt out of Facebook Pixel cookies, please use the following link: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
How We Use Personal Information
We may use automated processing of your personal information in order to tailor our communications with you and manage our relationships with our donors and contacts. This automated processing may impact the type of communications you receive from us. We do not use automated processing of your personal information to create profiles of you that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
How We Share Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, swap or trade your personal information. If you are subscribing to a listserv or other similar network or cohort, online or otherwise, we may share your personal information (including Contact and Profile Information) with the listserv, network, or cohort members for which you registered. We may share your personal information (including Contact and Profile Information; Financial and Transaction Information; and Communications and Social Media Information) with other not-for-profit organizations or other entities that collaborate with ROOTONE to further our charitable mission or as otherwise described at the point where we collect the information from you for the purposes described in this policy statement. These other not-for-profit organizations and entities include: educational collaborators; funders; and Israeli stakeholders, including Israeli organizations such as Mosaic United. We may also share your personal information in the event that it is necessary for any of the following reasons:
· to protect our rights or property or the safety of our employees or others; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request;
· to transfer information in the event of a merger, transfer of assets, acquisition, or other organizational restructuring; and/or
· to prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
We also use trusted third-party service providers or other third-party organizations helping to support our mission by collecting, storing, processing, or sharing personal information on our behalf, such as to complete your donations and other payments you make to ROOTONE. We engage with third parties to assist with supporting our operations and business needs, including vendors in the following areas: (i) credit card or payment processors; (ii) cloud storage providers; (iii) customer support tools; (iv) data collection platforms; (v) product development tools; (vi) IT and security providers; (vii) marketing tools; (viii) relationship management platforms; and (ix) analytics tools. We may share the following information with these third-party service providers: Contact and Profile Information; Financial and Transaction Information; Communications and Social Media; Location information; and Activity and Site Usage.
Retention of Personal Information
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
The laws in some countries, including in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful basis for processing your personal information is in support of our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms. These interests include: (i) providing a safe user experience on our Site; (ii) customer service; (iii) sending communications to you to let you know about what we are doing with your donations and to solicit additional donations; (iv) protecting users, our workers, and our property; (v) analyzing and improving our operations (e.g., optimizing the design and operation of our Site); and (vi) managing legal issues. We may also process your personal information for the following lawful bases: (i) the performance of any contractual relationship we have with you; (ii) where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and (iii) where you have provided your consent to certain types of processing.
Your Data Rights and Choices.
If you are within the European Union, United Kingdom, and/or the European Economic Area, you have the following rights:
-You have the right to request from ROOTONE access to your personal information, and the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you.
-You have the right to request that ROOTONE not subject your personal information to automated processing.
-You have the right to obtain from ROOTONE the erasure or the restriction of processing of your personal information, or withdraw previous consents, in certain circumstances, including when the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
All of these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. Although we make good faith efforts to provide these rights, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to do so, including when it would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, when the burden or expense would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy, or when we are required by law to maintain or otherwise process your personal information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. If we are unable to comply with your rights request, we will endeavor to provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
You may exercise these rights by contacting ROOTONE using the contact information provided below.
If you are within the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement of the applicable data protection law. However, we encourage you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com and we will process such request with respect to any personal information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us.
We use appropriate procedures to ensure the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access. In particular, when we ask you to enter credit card information, we use the top industry standard security protection, encryption, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) transmission connection, and a secure server for information storage. If you are under 18, you need parent/guardian permission to use a credit card to make purchases online.
ROOTONE is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and we take reasonable security measures to protect your information, including the use of appropriate physical, technical, and administrative controls. However, no security system is impenetrable, and no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the Internet. Further, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under 13 years of age through the Sites, unless provided by a parent, guardian, or other adult seeking our services on behalf of a child. If parents believe that we have unintentionally collected their child’s personal information, they should contact us to request the deletion of the information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We May Change this Notice
RootOne LLC 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th floor Telephone: 646-472-5300 Fax: 212-664-7976 Email: email@example.com
Last Updated: April 20, 2023